How to register
Registering with agencies can be a time consuming and tiresome process. However, the welfare of the children you will be teaching is of paramount importance and requires us to undertake thorough vetting procedures that safeguard both them and you.
Prior to beginning the registration process with us you will need to have the following documentation:
- Teaching qualifications* supported by original or certified copies of your award certificate. If the original certificate is not written in English, you will be required to provide an official translation.
- I.D checks and permission to work, comprising a valid UK work visa/permit or worker registration.
- A valid passport or EU identity card
- Two professional references. These should be from a senior member of staff at the school/s in which you were last employed and should be less than three years old. Contact details must be the current or most recent employment address. Telephone and fax numbers should be included as a minimum and an official e-mail address will speed the registration process.
Open references or testimonials are accepted. These are checked for authenticity and an original or certified copy is required accompanied by the current contact details of the referee. If you are newly qualified, details of the schools where you conducted your last two practical assessments will be sufficient.
- A curriculum vitae – this should include all employment history and qualifications.
- Police clearance checks for overseas teachers. A home country criminal clearance certificate issued within the last twelve months and confirming that you have no criminal conviction that would prevent you working with children or young people. We also require a list of your criminal records (if any) to confirm the same.
- A Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Enhanced Disclosure. This should have been issued within the last twelve months if you have been resident in the U.K. for six months or more. If you do not have a current CRB enhanced disclosure you can complete an application at interview.
*Teaching Qualifications. If you are in doubt of your qualification being compatible with UK standards we advise you to contact UK Naric at www.naric.org.uk.
If you have completed your Qualified Teacher Status and have received a DfES number or have qualified within the EEA we are required to check that you are registered with the General Teaching Council. If you are not yet registered visit their website at www.gtce.org.uk.
Once you have ALL of the above documents call one of our team for an interview on 020 7629 8786 or contact us by email.